To make it easier to use your cell phone or computer at night and strain your eyes less, many programs and social networks like Instagram have implemented the dark mode or theme function, which changes the colors of its interface. In turn, those who access the internet a lot, unfortunately, do not always end up seeing the option of a dark theme on the websites accessed with the navigator.
Already Vivaldi, a browser for PCs and cell phones, has a function that is able to force any website to display its interface with a theme or dark mode. Next, see how to access any website with a dark theme using Vivaldi on Android or PC.
Although the dark mode works on any website accessed with Vivaldi, it is worth remembering that some pages may have somewhat strange colors, as this is not a native function of them.
How to activate a dark mode for any website with Vivaldi on mobile
The process to activate a dark mode for any website with Vivaldi is quite simple, and this must be done in his settings. Check out:
1. Access Google Play and download the browser Vivaldi. If you already have it installed, just update it to its latest version;
3. Now, tap on the “Vivaldi” icon next to the address bar and enter “Settings”;
4. Slide the screen down and enter “Themes”;
5. Now, enable the option “Dark Mode for Web Pages. It is not necessary to enable the “dark theme” for this function to work.
From this moment on, any website you access should already use dark colors for its interface. In the image below, check out how the Olhar Digital got a dark theme through Vivaldi.
How to activate a dark mode for any website with Vivaldi on PC
The process to activate the dark theme for any page on the PC ends up being quite different from what was seen on the cell phone because it is necessary to activate a parameter on it. See the step by step:
1. If you haven't already, go to the official website of Vivaldi to download it;
2. Now, access the address: vivaldi: // flags;
3. Search for “Force Dark Mode for Web Contents”;
4. Change its value from "Default" to "Enabled";
5. In the message that appears, click on “Relaunch”.
At this time, every website you access will have a “dark theme” applied to its interface. To return to the sites without the "dark theme", you must repeat the step by step above and change the value from "Force Dark Mode for Web Contents" to "Default" or "Disabled".
Ready! Now, you already know how to access any website on your computer or mobile phone with a dark theme applied to your interface.