O Olhar Digital prepared a summary of the main subjects in technology, science and space for you to start the day informed of what happened this Tuesday (15).
- After 48 years, Sony will close its factory in Manaus
The company will stop selling products such as TVs, audio equipment and cameras in the middle of 2021.
- Covid-19 is already the biggest cause of deaths in a single year in Brazil
Illness exceeded historical records of deaths caused by heart disease, pneumonia, homicides and traffic accidents; lethality released by WHO is 0,6%.
- Mask recognition software puts users' privacy at risk
Developers defend the use of new technology that does not reveal the person's identity to simply observe their adherence to the mandatory use of the accessory.
- Mask that inhibits 99% of the coronavirus has effectiveness proven by USP
Tests carried out in the laboratory of the Biological Sciences Institute proved that Elka's Oto Mask inhibits, in up to two minutes, more than 99% of Sars-Cov-2.
- Brazilian study shows that coronavirus is able to invade the brain
Infection caused by the disease can be potentially fatal.
- Investors made ByteDance give up according to Microsoft
American company offered $ 20 billion and additional performance bonuses for TikTok's US operations; deal did not convince shareholders of the Chinese company.
- Insomnia and stress are controlled by the same brain area, says study
Researchers stimulated a specific network of neurons in mice that, when blocked, allowed them to sleep peacefully even after stressful events.
- Detran-SP offers digital licensing; see how to issue
The document's electronic copy has the same legal validity as the printed version; The agency has already issued more than five million digital licenses.
- Interior of exoplanets can be made of diamond
Discovery makes celestial bodies 'unlike anything else in our system'.
- Deliverers seek regulation of aid by Covid-19
Class leaders are pushing parliamentarians to pass a bill at the federal level that regulates benefits for the class in case of contamination by the new coronavirus.
- How a wrong click exposed data from 18 Covid-19 patients
Failure in the UK allowed information on all people diagnosed with the coronavirus between February and August to be made public.
- Serious Windows failure allowed administrator access to hackers
Developed by Secura, exploit can allow intruders to become computer administrators; Microsoft says it has already corrected the error.
- Startup wants to launch satellite to examine the Earth with thermal vision
The company wants to occupy a niche without competition in the space market and sell its services to government agencies.
- Antarctic bacteria compounds are effective in fighting cancer
Bacteria is found in the grass roots very common in the cold Antarctic soil.
Want to receive the best content directly in the email? Subscribe to our daily newsletter.