An increase of 7% in 2021. This is what IDC Brasil foresees for the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) segment in the country. THE estimate is part of the IDC Predictions study, which anticipates market trends and movements.
Expectations do not end there. When considering only the Information Technology (IT) sector, the increase is forecast at 11%. As for the telecommunications, will be only 2%.
For the corporate segment, which includes software, hardware and services, IDC Brasil forecasts growth of 10%. “At the beginning of 2020, we registered the interest of 60% of companies in expanding investments in IT. With the pandemic, this interest in investments fell ”, explains Denis Arcieri, country manager at IDC Brasil.
In 2021, however, everyone seems to be more optimistic. According to the consultancy, 50% of the companies are already thinking about increasing their investments in the sector again.
IDC Brasil points out that investments must be focused on security, artificial intelligence, public cloud and modernization of management systems and customer experience. This is because the priorities are to increase productivity, reduce costs, balance digital and physical, improve products and services and improve customer acquisition and retention.
IT and telecommunications trends
For the Brazilian market, IDC Brasil indicates some trends for 2021. See:
- 5G: in growth, the sector should generate US $ 2,7 billion in new business in the years 2021 and 2022.
- Connectivity: the Covid-19 pandemic has increased the importance of connectivity.
- Edge: has become the preferred technology for process automation.
- Cloud: The cloud is a quick way to increase IT operational resilience.
- Artificial intelligence: from business applications to security solutions, technology is essential to handle large volumes of information.
- Security: the increase in spending on security solutions in 2021 will make the segment exceed US $ 900 million in Brazil.
- General Law of Data Protection (LGPD): data protection must gain attention with the needs brought by LGPD.
- Cloud management: almost 43% of companies intend to bring some of their management systems to the cloud in the next two years.
- Reinventing the printing market: the corporate printing market is expected to grow in 2021. Ink printers will rise 12%.
- Smart Home: the search for more functional and intelligent homes will make the home automation sector turn over more than US $ 291 million in 2021.
- Notebooks and tablets: retail and demand for home office will make the segment turn over US $ 4,7 billion in 2021.