Filters to be used in sets with a webcam they are practically a guarantee of fun when making calls with your friends in different services video conference. In turn, this week, the case of the lawyer using a cat filter during a hearing turned out to be a real success on the internet.
If you liked this story, the good news is that there is a way for you to also use different effects to change your appearance in videoconferences in a very simple way. Next, check out how to use a cat filter for calls on Zoom and other PC services.
The tutorial below shows a way to use filters in video calls on the computer, but it is different from the filter used by the lawyer. In this case, the filter in question seen during the court hearing is part of an old Dell program for its notebooks launched around 2010 and which cannot be obtained separately.
When configuring a filter in Snap Camera, it will remain activated until you remove it manually. That is, when using a filter in a call, be sure to close Snap Camera and return the original settings of the program used for the filter video call to avoid embarrassing situations.
How to use the cat filter in video calls
The following procedure makes use of a Snapchat program, but it will run on the computer and is compatible with any video calling application like Skype, Zoom, Microsoft Teams and others. Check out:
1. Access the website Snap camera in the browser of your choice and click on "Download";
2. On the new page, according to the terms, check the box indicated, perform the captcha and click on “Download for PC”. The program is also available for Macs, but the following tutorial shows how to use it on Windows;
3. Perform the installation of the program normally. He should not ask for any special permission or driver installation;
4. Open Snap Camera normally for the first time and, in the message that appears, click “Next”;
5. Now, click on “Finish”;
6. Click on “Search lenses”;
7. Then, look for a cat-related term like "cat" or "kitten". If you search for "cat", you will get less results. Select the desired filter.
Once the filter has already been chosen, you need to set up a video conference application to use the Snap Camera camera. Below, for example, check out how this is accomplished in Zoom:
1. Open Zoom normally;
2. Click on the “gear” icon to enter your “Settings”;
3. Then, go to “Video”;
4. Now, in “Camera”, select the “Snap Camera”;
5. With the filter showing, just close the Zoom settings window.
Ready! From that moment on, you will already be using the cat filter in your PC video calls.
Have you watched our new videos on YouTube? Subscribe to our channel!