And as in all update operating system, then comes the question: will my device be updated? Apple tends to offer a long period of support for its hardware, but even so, often older models cease to be supported and stay out.
- WWDC21: iPad OS 15 makes iPad even more versatile
- WWDC21: Apple Announces iOS 15 and Brings App Integration Features
- WWDC21: Apple unveils macOS Monterrey, with Safari improvements and iPhone and iPad integration
The list of compatible models has already been disclosed, and for iPhone owners the good news is that iOS 15 will run on all devices currently supported by iOS 14. That includes the iPhone 6s, which was released in September 2015.
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- 8 iPhone Plus
- iPhone 7
- 7 iPhone Plus
- iPhone 6s
- 6s iPhone Plus
- iPhone SE (1st and 2nd generations)
- iPod touch (7th generation)
The "longevity" of the devices is repeated among the iPads. The iPad OS 15 will even run on the 4th generation iPad Mini, which was also released in 2015.
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st to 5th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st to 3th generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad (5th to 8th generation)
- iPad mini (4th and 5th generation)
- iPad Air (2nd to 4th generation)
Watch OS will run on all models of the Apple Watch from the 3rd generation (Series 3) onwards. These models were launched in 2017.
- Apple Watch Series 3
- Apple Watch Series 4
- Apple Watch Series 5
- Apple Watch Series 6
- Apple Watch SE
Ultimately, macOS Monterey will be compatible with machines starting with the late 2013 Mac Pro.
- iMac (late 2015 or later)
- iMac Pro (2017 or later)
- MacBook Air (Early 2015 or later)
- MacBook Pro (Early 2015 or later)
- Mac Pro (late 2013 or later)
- Mac mini (late 2014 or later)
- MacBook (Early 2016 or newer)
All new operating systems are now available in beta versions for developers, and are expected to reach consumers "in the fall" (northern hemisphere) of this year, probably between September and October.
Have you watched our new videos on YouTube? Subscribe to our channel!